Favourite travel experiences of the week #17
Well this is embarrassing…
Our favourite travel experiences of the week have been missing for one whole month. Although the team have been busy on our Twitter page, there hasn’t been a lot going on Our Holiday Diary. So what can we do to redeem ourselves? Well, the first thing we can do is round up the best of last months travel experiences from around the world for you to read, watch and enjoy!
So, without further ado, we present our 10 favourite travel stories and features, as well as our newest feature of showcasing our holiday of the week:
1) 36 Hours in Long Beach, California doesn’t sound too bad does it? The New York Times kick us off in style.
2) Berlin double header this week. First comes a great Berlin Food: Favorite Neighborhood Meals Under €10.
3) Berlin has been one of ‘the’ city destinations to go to in Europe for some time. This feature from the Guardian gives great ideas for a walking tour.
4) Some really great ideas for a foody holiday. Rustic Italy: places to stay for food lovers.
5) Great, great, GREAT skiing video showing off some amazing ‘urban skiing‘.
6) 10 of the world’s unsung places from the Lonely Planet.
7) A little bit closer to Not Just a Holiday HQ, some nice ideas for Spring walks around London.
8) Deep inside Kenya’s underground reggae scene – a virtually unknown music community.
9) Matthew Williamson, the fashion designer, on his 15-year love affair with India.
10) Under the water in the Antartica. Another great video on Vimeo. Beautiful.
Holiday of the Week
Recent winner of a TripAdvisor award, the Luce d’Alma Resort & Spa in the Gili Islands is a fantastic option for a luxury pampering trip with a real touch of exotic luxury. The hotel boasts a cute swimming pool, has sixteen large contemporary furnished cottages with king size beds. As well as that there is a modern fitness area and spa facilities with jacuzzi and sauna. And the best bit? A private peach with some great snorkelling. A stunning location.
This photo of Luce d’Alma Resort & Spa is courtesy of TripAdvisor